LEISURE - VISITING LYON
Awarded best Europe's Leading City Break Destination at the World Travel Awards 2016, Lyon has a rich historical, architectural, cultural and gastronomic heritage in Europe.
Thanks to its great location, the main interest spots of the city are at a walking distance from the Collège Hotel.
The city is bicycle friendly and two local self-service Velo'v stations are located at less than 50m from the hotel.
LYON, HISTORICAL CITY APPOINTED UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE
- The Fourvière Hill, its Basilica, the Ancient Theater and the Gallo-Roman Museum
- The Presqu'île (Lyon Center) between the 2 rivers Rhone and Saône, with its shops and museums (Beaux Arts Musem, Confluence Museum ...)
VISITS OF THE « CONTEMPORARY LYON »
- District of Confluence, a new urban development in progress, located at the tip of the Presqu'île, with major architectural signatures such as Jean Michel Wilmotte, Herzog et De Meuron, Jacob et Mc Farlane, Odile Decq
- The TGV station at the Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport, signed by the Architect Santiago Calatrava
LYON, CITY OF ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL EVENTS
Several artistic and cultural events happen all over the year :
- Fête des Lumières (every year around December 8th)
- Biennale d’Art Contemporain (every year, alternating with Biennale de la Danse)
- Festival Lumière (every year in October)
- Les Nuits de Fourvière (every year in June and July)
- Les Nuits Sonores (every year in May)
- Les Quais du Polar (every year in April)
- Marché de la Mode Vintage (every year in May)
- Les Assises Internationales du Roman (every year in May)